Saturday, February 8, 2020

good enough






I sit silently
across the room as I
glance secretly at his face
he rarely looks up from his cup
of sweet smiles
I know this much because
I watch him
I’m curious about him
Sometimes
I wonder if I’m good enough
I doubt myself
because he reminds me of perfection
he is intimidating and humbling
how can one be so rare
and boldly walk the earth
I sit silently
across the room
keeping my feelings bottled tight
I dream of getting lost in his eyes
I dream of tasting his kiss
I dream of becoming one with his flesh
these are my thoughts
I’m thinking
dreams are harmless
but I can’t ignore these feelings
as time passes
I become familiar with his moves
I become intoxicated by his voice
his smile is forever imprinted in my mind
I watch him walk in and out of time
how I wish he would take time
with me
we become close
close enough to feel his heartbeat
silently I wait
finally
he notices me
we exchange smiles
it feels good
he whispers to me
at that moment
I knew I was good enough
for him
now
we sit silently together
he has his cup
and I’m writing this poem
life is simple
life is good


No comments:

Post a Comment