Tuesday, August 4, 2020

some kind of beautiful (reprise)


he asked if he could be
my everything
I just wanted him to be
my something
shifting
I became paralyzed
by indecisive-ness
wanting
to be his forever and always
his smile shinned like
the sun
his embrace felt
warm and complete
like pork chops,
collard greens, potato salad,
mac n cheese and corn bread
damn
im full
maybe even high off his presence
vibing on his essence
longing for Sundays
and hot fudge dessert
the sweetness of his touch
became the lyrics to my
favorite love song
never was this
simply lust
however
alI we can do is trust
what are we supposed to look like
when we're in love
age and time don't go hand in hand
and when we hold hands
I never have to feel ashamed or
out of place
I fade to black
like venus vs mars
his eyes tell me this
is more than just a dream


No comments:

Post a Comment